1. I think this quote says a lot about the purpose of life: “Christopher Morley said, “If we all discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that we love them.”
2. Morals are grounded in theism.
3. Hell is, quite likely, the inability to love.
4. “Malcolm Muggeridge, that peripatetic journalist who traveled the globe for more than six decades of his life, said that if God is dead somebody body else is going to have to take His place. It will either be megalomania or erotomania, the drive for power or the drive for pleasure, the clenched fist or the phallus, Hitler or Hugh Hefner.”
5. You can have a post-modern building. But you can’t do that with the foundation, too.