Here are 5 things I learned reading, Safari: A Memoir of a Worldwide Travel Pioneer, By: Geoffrey Kent
1. Traveling in luxury sounds better.
2. Exotic backgrounds are just more interesting.
3. Romance can make the most mundane entirely intriguing.
4. An epic trip can change your life forever.
5. “Travel teaches us as much about ourselves as it does about the world—it shifts our focus away from the meager challenges of every day and recalibrates our life’s vision to something broader and much more significant. One of my prevailing philosophies is that if any individual were to find out that he or she had only six days to live, all people’s final thoughts would revolve around life’s most important things: the people they’ve loved and the places they’ve explored. Nothing shapes an individual as much as these two influences.”