Here are 5 things I learned reading, The Gutsy Girl, By: Caroline Paul
1. I do not want to climb to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. Nope. I will pass on that.
2. Watching your daughter build a raft might be the perfect way to spend a weekend.
3. Diving for dead bodies is a job that I will never do. Ever.
4. The first person to survive Niagara Falls in a barrel was Annie Taylor, at the age of sixty-three.
5. “Find a field or open yard on a sunny day. Put a tall (about three-foot) stick into the ground. Make sure it stands straight. Place a marker (rock, leaf, even a piece of pie, but NOT ice cream) where the shadow of the stick ends. After anywhere from fifteen minutes to one hour, place another marker at the end of the new shadow. Now step between the stick and the two markers, with your big toe on the first marker and the other big toe on the second marker. You are facing North! From here it is easy to figure out East, West, and South.”