Here are 5 things I learned reading, Scary Close, By: Donald Miller
1. Being married to a writer can be weird. They have too much time to think about their lives.
2. Healthy families have this in common: Honesty.
3. Men tend to move toward whatever gives them a feeling of competence.
4. “I don’t know if there’s a healthier way for two people to stay in love than to stop using each other to resolve their unfulfilled longings and, instead, start holding each other closely as they experience them.”
5. “We don’t think much about how our love stories will affect the world, but they do. Children learn what’s worth living for and what’s worth dying for by the stories they watch us live. I want to teach our children how to get scary close, and more, how to be brave. I want to teach them that love is worth what it costs.”