There seems to be a paradox for all the wealthy parents out there.
And there is no easy solution.
Now don’t get me wrong – there are plenty of moneyless people with no get-up-and-go.
But see if this does not sound familiar.
- You start out poor.
- As a result, your parent’s give you a relentless work ethic.
- You develop a little bit of a chip on your shoulder about it all.
- Finally, you make it through school.
- You work your face off for 20 years.
- One day you turn around and you are wealthy.
- And now you have the issue that your children will grow up the opposite of you.
I am not even sure what the best thing to do is.
I am not even sure.
“How does a rich man raise a son who is not a rich man’s son?“
–Rich Cohen, Sweet and Low
Also published on Medium.