Answering the question of, What should I read next? is nearly impossible to answer in a vacuum.
I immediately want to throw a dozen qualifiers at it.
- What are your interests?
- Do you want to learn something?
- Or do you want to be entertained?
- Do you like poetry?
- How old are you?
- What are your 7 favorite books thus far?
- Who are your 3 favorite authors?
Unknowns aside, here are 10 books that, I believe, everyone could benefit by reading at some point.
- The Seven Decisions,
- The Obstacle Is the Way,
- A Million Miles In A Thousand Years,
- Man’s Search For Meaning,
- The Alchemist,
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big,
- Anything You Want,
- Love Does,
And remember, if you are ever in doubt about where to turn:
So I travel mute among these books, these eyeless men and women that people the empty plain. I wake up thinking: What am I reading? What will I read next? I’m terrified that I’ll run out, that I will read through all I want to, and be forced to learn wildflowers
atlast, to keep awake.
-Annie Dillard, Pilgrim At Tinker Creek