Great keynote here by John Saddington on building online.
The long and short of it is that founders need to experiment more and communicate their story more.
I need to learn this as much as anyone.
Because I am apparently awful at building things online…Ugh.
- Sharing stories is more powerful than you know.
- Marketing is storytelling.
- The 50/50 rule: 50% of time building product. 50% of time marketing.
- The internet needs great products and great storytelling.
- There are many good products out there. But many founders are bad at distribution.
- Founders should build in the open.
- Share everything.
- Get consumers emotionally attached to the product (this is marketing).
- Experiment. Experiment. Experiment. And never stop.
- The internet will surprise you – almost no matter what you do.
- Go read: Traction, By: Gabriel Weinburg and Justin Mares (Amazon)