One of the best marriage superpower strengths is not what you think it is.
- It’s not explaining yourself better.
- It’s not a new love language you are not using.
- It’s not dinner or flowers or babysitters.
It’s the ability to walk away.
See, sometimes you are not yourself.
You are either tired, grumpy, or simply stubborn.
Words are exchanged and you are suddenly spewing for nothing.
Here are 5 steps to stay married another day:
- Shut your mouth. Stop talking.
- Walk away. Remove yourself from the situation.
- Leave the house if needed. Go walk around the grocery store for an hour.
- Still, shut your mouth. You are in the same room again, but still, be silent.
- Go to bed. People who say “never go to bed angry” are probably divorced.
- Reassess tomorrow. Think about it all.
- Apologize. After you have your whits again, make amends.
- Say I love you.
Understand: Often all your marriage needs is for you to stop.
You are welcome. 😉