You are pregnant and don’t want to tell anyone yet.
You are at a work function.
Someone offers you a drink.
What do you say?
1. “I am on Antibiotics – I can’t.”
2. “The doctor told me I have acid reflux and that I should cut back on alcohol.
3. “My husband/wife bet me I couldn’t go 3 months without a drink.”
4. “I am the designated driver for ______________.” (And actually be the DD.)
5. “I stopped drinking. I want to be healthier as I get older.”
6. “Why ask that? Maybe we are trying to get pregnant.”
7. “What are you talking about? I am holding a drink. (While holding a plain cranberry juice. Works best if vodka-cranberry is the drink you always order.)
8. “Yeah. I’m hungover. Leave me alone.”
9. “I have not been feeling all that great.”
10. “I am trying to lose weight. Thanks for asking.”
Of course, this is now a tip sheet for how best to lie.
Of course, your pregnancy is nobody’s business but yours if you are not ready to share yet.
I don’t know.
Maybe stick with the truth and go with #4, #5, or #7.)