Time changes and pushes us forward.
I know that – I mean – we all know that.
But before it does, I want to pause and remember.
I want to remember this perfect and fleeting time.
I want to cherish it and hold it for just one more second.
It is a time of little sleep and grumpy mornings.
– A time of craving coffee, more so than usual.
– A time of long nights and short days.
– A time of naps on the weekend between noon and three.
– A time of early morning weekend swimming lessons.
– A time of RSV, the flu, stomach bugs, hand-foot-and-mouth, and more diapers than a man could count.
It is a time of princess dresses and foam swords.
– A time of plastic toys covering the floor.
– A time of washing hands, over and over again.
– A time of cuddling on the couch, and rocking babies to sleep.
– A time of nothing but cartoons on the TV.
– A time of never ending curiosity.
It is a time of soft tears and hard tantrums.
– A time of pushing the boundaries and looking for reassurance.
– A time of ferocious tickling and laughing until you nearly cry.
– A time of hearing your child yell “Again, again” when you can do no wrong.
– A time of playgrounds, and slides.
– A time of magic and beauty in everything.
It is a time of toddlers and infants.
– A time of dress-up parties and dance parties.
– A time of riding on daddy’s shoulders, and a time of daddy being able to carry both his children around at the same time.
– A time of falling asleep at the zoo, and first airplane rides.
– A time of kissing bruises better.
– A time of wanting nothing more than mom.
It is a perfect time.
A time I want to hold onto forever.