1. Pre-school to Grad-school, starting a new class is uniquely terrifying.
2. Sometimes you can let a book distract you. Sometimes you need to work.
3. At the top, pay, benefits, and work arrangements can get odd.
4. Winston Churchill could tell a joke.
5. “And that is the thing about life. You go walking along, thinking people are talking a language and exchanging ideas, but the whole time there is this deeper language people are really talking, and that language has nothing to do with ethics, fashion, or politics, but what it really has to do with is feeling important and valuable. What if the economy we are really dealing in life, what if the language we are really speaking in life, what if what we really want in life is relational?”
–Donald Miller, Searching For God Knows What