Here are 5 things I learned reading: The Pleasure Of Reading In An Age Of Distraction, By: Alan Jacobs.
1. It is not a race. You don’t get a prize at the end if you read more books.
2. The love of silence and the love of reading are two sides of the same coin.
3. Stop reading books you don’t like. (I am awful at this.)
4. Forget the books you have read. List me the books you have reread.
5. And stop letting people tell you what you should read. Read “on a whim.” And for the leisure of it.
Also published on Medium.