To change you life, change your assumptions.
This seem too simple to be much help, but do not discount this idea.
- Maybe you assume that something simply cannot be done. But you need to persist.
- Maybe you assume that being average in effort will give you an extraordinary outcome. You need extraordinary effort too.
- Maybe you think you have to go to college. In truth, you need to go be an assistant to a prominent CEO or entrepreneur.
- Perhaps, you think money will make you happy. What you need is meaningful relationships.
Want a few tips that can start a change?
Here are 4 quick changes that might shift your perspective:
- Pursue wealth (freedom), not status.
- Use systems, not goals.
- Read more.
- Quit arguing, persuasion works differently.
And – good-grief – all this is practical advice.
What about philosophical? What if your very foundations of existence are wrong?
It was my thinking, I decided. Jones had challenged the very foundations of my thought processes. He questioned my perceptions, my assumptions, and even—or maybe I should say especially—my conclusions. Yes, I nodded to myself. That is exactly how he had managed to change my life so many years ago.
-Andy Andrews, The Noticer Returns