They could not be more right!
But where do you find one?
A great mentor can help you in your personal life, help you in your relationships, and help you in your career.
I have, in fact, had many mentors over the years.
Unfortunately – most of them are dead.
I said that right: Most of my mentors are dead.
The thing is: None of them have died recently.
In reality, most have been dead for decades, some have even been gone for centuries.
– The apostle Paul has mentored me on proper living and faith.
– Ernest Hemingway and Mark Twain have mentored me on writing.
– Plato and Aristotle have mentored me on logic.
– Bastiat, Mises, Hayek, Sowell and countless others have mentored me on economics.
– Richard Dennis has mentored me on trading.
– Booker T. Washington has mentored me on hard work.
– And Corrie Ten Boom has mentored me on forgiveness.
You see, all of these people had their ideas recorded in some way.
But, anytime I wish, I can look back and take their advice.
Even they cannot keep me from their words of wisdom.
All I have to do is find their book.
So, how do you find a mentor?
I say picking up a book is a good place to start.