I believe that this is the number one characteristic of a successful creative thinker.
They don’t fear failure.
Like all of us, they don’t necessarily seek failure – but they have no fear of it.
There are countless examples.
- Van Gogh painted without success.
- Steve Jobs thought his company NeXT was a good idea.
- Beyonce lost on the talent show Star Search.
- Elvis couldn’t get a record deal.
- Katy Perry’s first album only sold a few hundred copies.
What distinguishes them isn’t a lack of failure but a lack of fear of failure, an openness that is the hallmark of the creative mind.
-Maria Konnikova, Mastermind