1. The golden rule will take you a long way in running a business.
2. Be an adult about your emotions.
3. My daughter is a delight in nearly everything she does.
4. Risk is everything in trading.
5. “If you’ve been marked by what might have been, you don’t forget. You know the day, the years. You know when the baby would have been born. You know exactly what anniversary you’d be celebrating, if the wedding had happened. You know exactly how old she’d be right now, if she were still alive. You’ll never forget the last time you saw your child, or the last time cancer was a word about someone else’s life, or the day that changed absolutely everything. It makes the calendar feel like a minefield, like you’re constantly tiptoeing over explosions of grief until one day you hit one, shattered by what might have been.”
–Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet (Amazon)