1. Days just like today.
2. Epic snow days.
3. Listening to Kacey Musgraves with the kids.
4. Encouraging independence, even when it’s hard.
5. Screaming two-year-olds.
6. Appreciating the enormity that words can have.
7. Making small financial bets.
8. Panera Bread.
9. Finding and reading If, By: Rudyard Kipling.
10. Not complaining, just doing the work.
11. Sunday afternoon board games.
12. Being a writer.
13. Finding this old work picture.
14. Letting the kids run free.
15. Hitting 5000 posts.
16. The year of hypomone.
17. Mindless music.
18. This video on devs watching QA’s test their product.
19. Coming to terms with Ravi Zacharias.
20. Writing more poems.
21. Catching COVID.
22. Surviving COVID quarantine. 🙄
23. New hotels.
24. Turning 40.
25. Working on my personal monopoly.
26. Renting out an entire movie theater for my birthday.
27. Being thankful – and eating pie.
29. The pitter-patter of two-year-old feet.
30. Laughing about being a BA, PO, and dev.
31. A silent office.
32. Sometimes giving myself a parenting break.
33. Rebellion in the margins.
34. Watching Ben Folds write a song.
35. Singing with these kids.
36. Watching Ecanto with these kids.
37. Trying to build a personal monopoly.
38. Realizing how well-off I am.
39. Laughing at all the boring problems people complain about.
40. Caring less and less if a particular post resonates.
41. Oil prices booming higher, once again.
42. Reflecting on an ideal workday.
43. Making cheap art.
44. Multiple streams of income.
45. Eating more steak.
46. This snow camping video.
47. Drinking more Perrier.
48. These 17 writing tips.
49. Leaving old jobs.
50. Taking four weeks off to truly unwind. (For part of it, I did this.)
51. Staring new jobs.
52. Embracing the serendipity of jobs.
53. Watching traffic from my new office.
54. Discovering Pretend It’s A City, with Fran Lebowitz.
55. Trying to have fewer ideas.
56. Short chapters.
57. Using frequent flier miles.
58. IT humor.
59. Cold drinks on hot days and hot drinks on cold days.
60. Finding the post linked here on How To Be Great.
61. Living like a pauper, relative to income.
62. Starlings in flight.
63. Watching children and the joy of elevator buttons.
64. Realizing McDonald’s is in the real-estate business, actually.
65. Trading futures contracts again.
66. Visiting Booked Up in Archer City (Larry Mcmurtry’s bookstore).
67. Being able to work from home when required.
68. This John Saddington keynote about building online.
69. Trying to not ask people to do bad favors.
70. Listening to Thomas Sowell.
71. Getting back into deadlifts.
72. Thinking about how movies are made.
73. Buying more domains than I will ever use.
74. Learning what a Japanese Kissa is.
75. Forgetting most of what I have done on this site.
76. Going back to Alabama.
77. Saturday morning cartoons with coffee and donuts.
78. This drummer video.
79. Long walks and Christmas light dancing in the eyes of my youngest.
80. Just. Clicking. Publish.
81. Remembering my $250,000 mistake.
82. Watching this video of Paris with my kids.
83. Thinking deeply about the philosophical direction of western culture.
84. Reflecting more.
85. Eating too many donuts on Saturday morning.
86. Writing a resignation letter and then blogging about it.
87. Appreciating humble beginnings.
88. Flying more.
89. Reading in airport restaurants.
90. Cleaning the kitchen. (I really do enjoy doing the dishes. (Laundry is for the birds.)
91. Falling in love with Legos all over again.
92. Exploring an abandoned cotton gin.
93. Learning how Russia got so big.
94. Listening to this Anne Lamott interview.
95. Getting one step closer to being semi-retired.
96. Trying to figure out this riddle.
97. Trying to go to bed earlier.
98. Cotton getting over $1 again.
99. Reading about Christian humanism.
100. Another year with these girls.
1. Days just like today.