1. Maple Cheerios.
2. Learning what Saddam means.
3. Listening to Maggie Rogers’ new album, Heard It In A Past Life.
4. Watching the movie Knives Out.
5. Documenting things.
6. Rediscovering Longhorn Steakhouse and their Flat Iron Steak.
7. Reading what Ben Franklin wrote about religion. Not what someone said for him.
8. Cousin slumber parties.
9. Trusting in the biggest secret of the internet.
10. Rereading Literary Life, By: Larry McMurtury.
11. Finding the best daily routine.
12. Reading The Return Of The Prodigal Son, By: Henri Nouwen.
13. Avoiding financial ruin.
14. Changing to a new website theme.
15. Learning more persuasion techniques.
16. Turning 38.
17. Reading Story Craft, By: John Erickson.
18. Reading The Last Pirate Of New York, By: Rich Cohen.
19. Reflecting on being an only child.
20. Taking longer to get back to people.
21. Ranking in Google for, “britney spears record label.” Hahaha
22. Going to Kansas City for work.
23. Eating at Mary’s Cafe in Strawn – and Panera Bread right by my house.
24. Watching, The Center Will Not Hold, which profiled Joan Didion.
25. Creating this guide on creating generational wealth.
26. Reading 300 Arguments, By: Sarah Manguso.
27. Getting songs stuck in my head.
28. Learning that Ladybugs hibernate.
29. Avoiding the doctor.
30. Trying to focus more on the small details of life. And enjoying Friday movie nights.
31. Watching this documentary on Mike Leach.
32. Going to Ruidoso in March.
33. Going to Ruidoso again in July.
35. Discovering these 10 points on writing.
36. Finding these pictures of single line drawing.
37. Long drives.
38. Better sleep habits.
39. Rereading a lot of C.S. Lewis.
40. Trying out the One Minute Rule.
41. Being excited about investing, again.
42. Encouraging those around me, to look for things they are willing to practice.
43. Reading Skin In The Game, By: Nassim Taleb.
44. Trying to write more like this.
45. Figuring out Carol Of The Lights for parents.
46. Reading When Breath Becomes Air, By: Paul Kalanithi.
47. Giving up on shoelaces.
48. Enjoying being a parent.
49. Paying attention to my heroes.
50. Trying to argue less about religion, and act on it more.
51. Enjoying sleeping on Casper sheets.
52. Watching Texas Tech Men’s Basketball (nearly) win the national championship.
53. Writing shorter emails.
54. Reading Born Standing Up, By Steve Martin.
55. Learning the format of a story.
56. This video on how the economic machine works.
57. Realizing the genius of expensive coffee.
58. Learning about Disneyland windows.
59. The Lindy Effect.
60. Writing this piece on free trade for (FEE) The Foundation For Economic Education.
61. Reading All Marketers Are Liars, By: Seth Godin.
62. Learning about an old rumor of the San Antonio Spurs.
63. Writing over 250 haiku poems. Like this one.
64. Thinking about controlling the location of an encounter.
65. Considering teaching children how to think – a step past what to think.
65. Reading Composed, By Rosanne Cash.
66. Thinking deeply about the power of association.
67. Going to the ABQ/Santa Fe in May.
68. Realizing I need to blog more. LOTS more.
69. Looking for these kind of men.
70. Watching this Ray Dalio video on success/failure.
71. Thinking about leisure and lunch more than I probably should.
72. This touching video on Parkinson’s disease.
73. Reading Thinking In Bets, By Annie Duke.
74. Finding a way to not be tired all the time.
75. Idling through one or two nothing afternoons.
76. Going to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time.
77. Learning about the free-time of gangsters.
78. Changing minds.
79. Not quitting blogging.
80. Visiting old friends on Memorial Day.
81. Finish another year of consistent work.
82. Learning how to sell suits.
83. Finding this speech by Jeff Bezos at Princeton.
84. Discovering more about the power of reciprocity.
85. Constant Improvement
86. Reading Keep Going, By Austin Kleon.
87. Enjoying things being hard (well, sometimes).
88. Listening to this podcast series on wealth.
89. Watching this video that agrees with the podcast above.
90. This dance montage.
91. Eating Thanksgiving dinner – twice.
92. Reading Elon Musk, By: Ashlee Vance.
93. Finishing things by doing this.
94. Chuck E Cheese Birthday parties.
95. Reaching 3000 posts.
96. This article on the Hajez.
97. Trying to write more like Scott Adams.
98. Going to the movies on Christmas day.
99. Recommending books.
100. Dinner dates with my daughter. And finding out I am going to be a dad, one more time.
1. Maple Cheerios.