1. Saturday naps.
2. Pondering airports.
3. Airport walks.
4. Ginger Ale at 20,000 feet.
5. Remembering my first job.
6. Sitting in front of the fire more than last year.
7. Despising what we have done to modern education.
8. Father’s Day at the pool.
9. Drinks and lunch by the pool.
10. Spending more time in airports.
11. Watching TV in the shower.
12. The suite life.
13. Practicing eternity.
14. Finding out there were WMD’s in Iraq. What?! 🤯
15. Hanging out in Bakersfield.
16. The Padre Hotel.
17. This sign – reminding me of my grandfather.
18. New banks in town.
19. Approaching more things like they are a game.
20. Wishing more people knew how to communicate.
21. Turning 41.
22. Buying ridiculously expensive sunglasses.
23. Buying this awesome keyboard.
24. This video on surviving the Titanic.
25. Planning a trip back to Lake Tahoe.
26. Discovering eccentric videos, like this.
27. Being the only one in my office at work.
28. Discovering George Ezra.
29. This song by George Ezra too.
30. And this one.
31. Watching this documentary on Carl Icahn.
32. Not looking at my phone on the weekend.
33. Idle time at gymnastics.
34. Gymnastics competitions.
35. Pizza popcorn and movies on a Friday night.
36. Spending more time at the gym. Or at least trying to.
37. Staring at the Lubbock loop and Marsh Sharp from my office window.
38. Laughing at people trying to predict prices (just like they did in this post I did in 2016!).
39. Rolling my eyes at how stupid some people are when it comes to business.
40. Discovering what it was like not to have extended time off work for almost a year. 🙄
41. Taking notes and wishing others did the same.
42. Walking to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream on Saturday.
43. Having a higher percentage of total income flow from assets.
44. Watching compound interest (finally) catch an inflection point.
45. Becoming skeptical about the moon landing.
46. Taking up jigsaw puzzles with the wife.
47. Learning to care for a sad person.
48. Tucking in my youngest. Every. Single. Night.
49. Reading fewer books this year than I have since I was 18.
50. Still not caring about cars.
51. Finding a new Sunday School class.
52. Baptising my oldest.
53. Subscribing to Twitter Blue and testing some paid advertising.
54. This ridiculous commercial.
55. Eating lunch at the kindergarten table.
56. All the kindergarteners calling me batman.
57. Realizing batman has a superpower.
58. Getting a batphone.
59. Writing this letter to people who unsubscribe from my newsletter.
60. Sending very few newsletters. 🤣
61. Testing affirmations.
62. My kindergartener, losing her first tooth.
63. Getting my own mad money stash.
64. Buying way too many Smart Waters.
65. Stickers from beautiful girls.
66. Buying popcorn at the movies.
67. Missing family Thanksgiving because of the flu.
68. Daydreaming of that cafe energy.
69. Drinking more coffee than last year.
70. Being sad about Mike Leach.
71. Eating lunch at my desk.
72. Watching the Kentuck Derby. 😳
73. Watching more stand-up comedy than last year.
74. Pondering small houses and enjoying my small house.
75. Christmas light scavenger hunts.
76. Ridiculous videos like this one.
77. Buying assets – and keeping it a surprise. (Shhh.)
78. Reminiscing about this concert I went to 23 years ago.
79. Starting more side projects.
80. Not telling anyone about my side projects.
82. Worrying about inflation.
83. Starting more side projects.
84. Shopping for couches.
85. Buying a new couch.
86. Appreciating solitude.
87. Writing a lot more poems.
88. Being called an “Oil Apologist.“
89. Investing in oil and watching equity markets melt.
90. Getting ready to retire.
91. Ridiculous and unnecessary work stress.
92. Watching Disney shows with the kids.
93. Watching The Frech Dispatch.
94. Avoiding a midlife crisis.
95. Giving more.
96. Teaching my kids about giving.
97. And then my kids finding videos like this.
98. Not giving up.
99. Making big plans for 2023.
100. Another year with these girls.
1. Saturday naps.