1. Goode Company pecan pie.
2. This picture of 2020.
3. Watching the God Debates. Part I and Part II.
4. Not making A+ content.
5. Learning T.S. Eliot always had a day-job.
6. Discovering Amazon/Notebook.
7. Playing the quantity game – since quality is subjective.
8. This park.
9. Trying to foster creativity in these kids.
10. Seeing my wife make the top 20 under 40.
11. Simply doing the work.
12. This video of Will Smith.
13. Learning that I have never actually seen myself.
14. Reading Adorning The Dark, By: Andrew Peterson.
15. Pondering scalability and leverage.
16. Singing this song with my kids.
17. Realizing that the Lion King is a retelling of Hamlet, with lions.
18. Getting this coffee mug.
19. Saving more.
20. Writing more notes to my children.
21. Turning 39.
22. Writing in active voice.
23. Being more willing to look stupid.
24. Avoiding status games.
25. Spending more time at home than I thought possible.
26. More good days.
27. Spending more time remembering.
28. Watching Godspeed – The Pace of Being Known.
29. Getting to see my old Blue one last time.
30. Finding out my sister-in-law knew John Erickson.
31. Writing more things down.
32. Sharing secrets.
33. Paying attention to things that endure.
34. Reading The Book Of Idle Pleasures.
35. Burning old logs.
36. Thinking about ponds.
37. Watching this video, The Last Punchcutter.
38. Thinking about assets and liabilities in a different way.
39. Teaching my kids about earning a salary.
40. Paying attention to geography.
41. Learning what a foehn wind is.
42. Understanding more about people without children.
43. Not homeschooling.
44. Rural America.
45. Avoiding rona. (I think?)
46. Not over explaining myself to kids.
48. Fasting more.
49. Repeating myself without anyone noticing.
50. Spending time in Midland, TX and pondering the oil business.
51. Doing a lot of this.
52. Avoiding a bear attack.
53. Watching a sports announcer do this.
54. Discovering the formula of copywriting.
55. Noticing birds for maybe the first time in my life.
56. Finding Double Tanks, TX.
57. Learning about Lonesome Dove Baptist Church.
58. Trying repetition and association out on people in subtle ways.
59. Running even more experiments.
60. Drinking more Topo Chico.
61. Rereading Mere Christianity, By: C.S. Lewis.
62. Finding this poem.
63. And this poem too.
64. Reaching 4000 posts.
65. Learning that shapes can have sounds.
66. Becoming a monopoly.
67. Driving late at night.
68. Making a sarcastic map of Texas.
69. These political ads.
70. Listening to this story about Steve Harvey’s grit.
71. Coronavirus memes.
72. Trying more to convey the universal in the particular.
73. Spoiling these kids.
74. Reading Loserthink, By: Scott Adams.
75. Watching Sofia The First.
76. Watching Andy Andrews explain 7 decisions we can all choose.
77. Thinking about mystery fiction.
78. Simple sentences.
79. Trying to up this parenting game.
80. Finding this video about the buttons on an F-15.
81. Writing over 200 more haikus. Like this one.
82. This documentary on Rich Mullins.
83. Keeping this thing going.
84. Listening to this haunting interview of Yuri Bezmenov.
85. Remembering Walter Williams.
86. Making it to San Antonio for a few days.
87. Granting wishes like this.
88. Compiling these 20 writing tips from John Erickson.
89. Seeing my kids draw their feelings.
90. Discovering the Hyatt Hill Country Sunday House.
91. Leaning in to my superpower.
92. Short form writing.
93. Giving up on handwriting.
94. This video on French butter.
95. Seeing the Gaylord Texan.
96. Blogging for one more year.
97. Controlling what I can control.
98. Refusing to live in fear.
99. Watching this Octopus dream.
100. One more year with these girls.
1. Goode Company pecan pie.